Syncbak Inc. is a privately held media technology company that was started in 2009 by founder & CEO, Jack Perry. On a mission to personalize television, the company started with one station in one market ten years ago and grew to be the number one live broadcast streaming company in the world that we are today. Our space is called OTT, short for entertainment “over-the-top” of the Internet. We take local over-the-air broadcast streams and deliver them to popular streaming destinations like CBS All Access, Hulu, Amazon, fuboTV, Sony, NFL and many others. Our technology reaches 99 percent of the US population across 209 markets, representing more than 100 stations and all major networks including CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC and the CW.
New York Office
1032 6th Avenue #403
New York, NY 10018
1 Research Ctr
Marion, IA 52302
- 1999 Created Geneva, first-ever geo-fencing technology used to authenticate satellite subscribers, used by every satellite company, major broadcast network, and every local TV station in the US, to ensure their signal was seen only by in-market viewers.
- 2000 Created TitanTV, the first-ever web-based electronic program guide with built-in DVR capabilities.
- 2004 Created antennaweb.org to help consumers making the transition from analog to digital television determine the optimal off-air antenna for their exact location.
- 2005 Created MediaStar, the technology that allowed broadcasters to manage their program schedules with content for which they had distribution rights.
- 2009 Syncbak was founded to replicate over-the-air broadcasting OTT (over-the-top) of the internet. Today Syncbak powers 80-90% of live broadcasts going over OTT (12+ million hours annually).
- 2010 Secures startup funding for Syncbak from National Association of Broadcasters and the Consumer Technology Association. This is the first VC investment for both.
- 2012 Syncbak awarded the first 8 patents for technology that authenticates Internet delivery of OTA broadcast television
- 2013 Syncbak creates the technology that powers all CBS All Access stations
- 2017 Hulu launches with live streams powered by Syncbak
- 2017 FuboTV launches with live streams powered by Syncbak
- 2018 Syncbak's Direct-to-consumer OTT app, SBTV, launches
- 2018 Syncbak's adSync DAI technology launches, avails ~50 million and growing monthly
- 2019 Syncbak's MarketSync content marketplace launches
- 2020 VUit launches
News & Downloads
In The News
November 2, 2021 | NextTV
November 2, 2021 | Radio + Television News Report
November 2, 2021 | TV Tech