Founded by CEO Jack Perry in 2009, Syncbak powers the industry’s most successful OTT solutions, including live streaming for Paramount Plus, Hulu, fuboTV, the NFL and more. Syncbak’s end-to-end platform, SimpleSync, enables television broadcasters and content owners to launch, manage, distribute and monetize their content by delivering their streams to multiple live and on-demand streaming destinations across OTT platforms nationwide. Syncbak’s own direct-to-consumer OTT app, VUit, leverages SimpleSync, and its proprietary DAI technology, AdSync, to deliver free, hyper-local and originally produced content to viewers anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Syncbak’s technology currently reaches 99 percent of the US population across 209 markets, representing 67 Station Groups and all major networks, including CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC and The CW.
New York Office
1032 6th Avenue #403
New York, NY 10018
1 Research Center
Marion, IA 52302
- 1999 Created Geneva, first-ever geo-fencing technology used to authenticate satellite subscribers, used by every satellite company, major broadcast network, and every local TV station in the US, to ensure their signal was seen only by in-market viewers.
- 2000 Created TitanTV, the first-ever web-based electronic program guide with built-in DVR capabilities.
- 2004 Created antennaweb.org to help consumers making the transition from analog to digital television determine the optimal off-air antenna for their exact location.
- 2005 Created MediaStar, the technology that allowed broadcasters to manage their program schedules with content for which they had distribution rights.
- 2009 Syncbak was founded to replicate over-the-air broadcasting OTT (over-the-top) of the internet. Today Syncbak powers 80-90% of live broadcasts going over OTT (12+ million hours annually).
- 2010 Secures startup funding for Syncbak from National Association of Broadcasters and the Consumer Technology Association. This is the first VC investment for both.
- 2012 Syncbak awarded the first 8 patents for technology that authenticates Internet delivery of OTA broadcast television
- 2013 Syncbak creates the technology that powers all CBS All Access stations
- 2017 Hulu launches with live streams powered by Syncbak
- 2017 FuboTV launches with live streams powered by Syncbak
- 2018 Syncbak's Direct-to-consumer OTT app, SBTV, launches
- 2018 Syncbak's adSync DAI technology launches, avails ~50 million and growing monthly
- 2019 Syncbak's MarketSync content marketplace launches
- 2020 VUit launches
- 2021 Syncbak powered the streams for Super Bowl LV, the most-streamed NFL game ever
News & Downloads
In The News
December 9, 2022 | CNBC
December 5, 2022 | NextTV
December 5, 2022 | TVTech