Syncbak, the world’s leading platform for live local OTT, has teamed up with its local station partners to stream virtual graduations, proms and more celebrating the class of 2020 on Syncbak’s direct-to-consumer OTT app, SBTV. The move comes as traditional in-person festivities recognizing senior milestones were halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This marks the very first time local broadcast stations have come together in one place to deliver graduation programming over-the-top for students and their friends, families, and others to view nationwide anytime, anywhere on any device.
Syncbak started streaming these virtual celebrations in early May and will continue through June. Since airing these special moments on SBTV, local station partners have been able to reach more viewers outside of their DMAs. So far, the events have reached viewers in a combined total of 47 DMAs and counting. The SBTV app is free to viewers anywhere and is available via web browser, the SBTV app on the App Store and Google Play, Apple TV, Fire TV, and Roku.
Jack Perry, CEO of Syncbak said, “Graduation is a seminal moment in every local community across the nation and it’s been great to see our broadcast partners highlighting these milestone events nationwide. SBTV connects viewers to what’s happening in local communities across the nation, making it the perfect platform to carry these important events.”
Below are a list of local graduations aired on SBTV:
- Washington High School Class of 2020 Graduation (Cedar Rapids, IA) – May 21
- Jefferson High School Class of 2020 Graduation (Cedar Rapids, IA) – May 22
- Metro High School Class of 2020 Graduation (Cedar Rapids, IA) – May 23
- Kennedy High School Class of 2020 Graduation (Cedar Rapids, IA) – May 23
- Marion High School Class of 2020 Graduation (Marion, IA) – May 24
- Virtual Graduation 2020: Northern Michigan Valedictorians’ Speeches (McBain, Michigan) – June 1
In addition to airing virtual local high school graduations, SBTV has also aired special right of passage high school events such as a virtual prom and a music school award show:
- Erie News Now Virtual Prom – Erie News Now (Erie, PA) hosted a Virtual Prom on May 16th. They secured three sponsors in Northern Pennsylvania Regional College, Ray Wakley’s Car Care & RV Center and Weber Architecture.
- WFMZ Virtual Local High School Freddy Awards – WFMZ (Allentown, PA) aired The Freddy Awards on May 21st. The Freddy Awards are traditionally a live awards show, similar to the Tony’s, awarding performances from students in Performing Arts from Lehigh, Northampton and Warren County, NJ.
Watch previously-aired events on-demand at https://www.sbtv.com/shows/1299/class-of-2020-high-school-graduations.