This position involves developing and constantly improving the services which provide the core functionality of our video systems (ingest, transcoding, segmentation, encryption, uploading, playlist generation, etc). These systems run at large scale on geographically distributed server farms, as well as on cloud based services such as AWS. Development is primarily done in Go and Node.
Our systems involve many branches of software development:
- Embedded software for interfacing to broadcast systems and performing live transcoding.
- Massive, load-balanced server farms for performing stream processing and distribution.
- Web-based tool development for managing and scheduling system operations
- Multi-layer, cached database systems for stream management
- Large scale data mining for analytics
- App and web development for viewer-facing systems
- Systems for monitoring and alerting all of the above systems
We develop in many different languages, including:
We develop apps for the following platforms:
We have a variety of database systems:
- SQL server