Syncbak is expanding its Network Operations team and is searching for qualified candidates to provide 24x7x365 technical support to its customers. Syncbak works with television stations across the country to deliver their local over-the-air broadcast streams to popular streaming destinations like Paramount+, Hulu, Amazon, FuboTV, Apple TV and more. We are currently looking to fill one daytime and one overnight position.
Job Type: Part-time; benefits available, dependent on hours
Shifts Available: Monday-Sunday 8AM-4PM and 12AM-8PM, up to 40 hours per week
Network Operations Specialist
Provide world-class customer support for Syncbak’s national content providers within a 24x7x365 environment. Answer inbound calls, Slack messages and emails in a professional manner. Assist customers in diagnosing and resolving issues related to content being delivered to the Syncbak streaming network.
On-site training to prepare you for the primary responsibilities is provided.
● Answer inbound technical support phone calls, Slack messages and emails related to Syncbak’s nationwide streaming services.
● Monitor dashboards to ensure healthy streaming
● Represent Syncbak in a positive and professional manner; working to exceed our partners’ expectations
● Open trouble tickets and work them to the final resolution
● Identify, troubleshoot and assist customers with ISP connection issues that affect video streaming
● Run network diagnostic scripts and tools to evaluate streaming issues
● Navigate remote systems via SSH and command line prompts
● Add, Delete and Update user accounts for customers accessing Syncbak management applications
● Assist television stations and Information Technology groups with the turn up of new video servers
● Evaluate stream impacting issues between point of origin and cloud ingest
● Monitor email alerts on the health of devices and determine steps needed to troubleshoot alert
● Diagnose hardware issues with our equipment and remedy remotely if possible
● Diagnose services on devices and restart processes if necessary
● Resolve issues with Audio and Video quality issues
● High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
● Prior work experience in IT or technical support positions
● Familiar with Linux and Windows operating systems and utilities
● Excellent communication skills
● Strong computer knowledge background
● Individuals must be comfortable and able to work at our office in Marion, IA
● Team player who can operate independently
● Demonstrated punctuality and consistent attendance
● Experience with Atlassian Jira or Zendesk a plus
● College coursework in a computer/technology related field a plus