This role will be an active and energetic addition to Syncbak’s Station Success Group, supporting the advancement and expansion of local broadcast station partners and third-party content providers carried on Syncbak’s exciting new direct-to-consumer OTT app, VUit.
The candidate best suited for this role will be passionate about providing excellent customer service. This position works directly with stations and content providers to acquire programming, as well as secure assets that are needed for presentation of the content on the platform. Responsibilities will include editing and uploading/ingesting video files received in various formats, following a variety of processes to make the content live for viewers to watch. Training on each step will be provided with the opportunity for the person in this position to learn a great deal about video and the OTT industry.
This role will also be asked to complete a variety of duties associated with the success of VUit station partners, including but not limited to tasks such as updating of station logos, imagery, and descriptions.
The streaming of live local events from communities across the nation are a top priority at VUit. The Station Success Group works closely with local broadcast stations on details related to each live stream to ensure successful carriage and promotion on VUit. This position may be asked to assist with the setup of multiple types of live events as well as maintain streaming schedules, setup new channels and assist station groups with basic support questions and follow-up. Processes and procedures are specific to the VUit’s proprietary platform and training will be provided on each task.
Many opportunities for role expansion are available at Syncbak and VUit.
- BA or BS degree, or working towards completion of college degree.
- Experience with and knowledge of internet streaming devices as well as web, iOS and Android applications.
- Experience with broadcast stations or content producers is preferred.
- Programming and/or content syndication experience is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated problem solver.
- Strong communication skills, experience working directly with customers.
- Ability to learn and develop technical workflows quickly and easily
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe suites
- Responsible for the ingest of a variety of content into the VUit platform, including on-demand station content, live and on-demand third party content as well as the creation of VOD assets of station programming after it airs live.
- Implementation of dynamic ad insertion into on-demand content delivered without triggers already marked.
- Work directly with stations and third-party content providers to acquire the appropriate assets to accompany the content on the platform.
- Perform a variety of duties supporting the success of local broadcast station partners on VUit. These tasks may include but are not limited to updating station logos, imagery and descriptions, updating slate imagery, maintaining consistent call signs, etc.
- Assist with the setup of live events, maintain streaming schedules and assisting station groups with basic support questions and follow-up.
- Provide support for stations on the platform by creating new source streams, stations, and channels.
Syncbak offers a generous benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave and paid holidays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.